Oct 14, 2012

Lisboa is almost free living!

Where do I start? Lisbon was everything my friends and I hyped it up to be, if not more. We were fortunate enough to stay in a "party hostel," a business that I did not know existed. Our hostel is called the G-Spot (mom & dad, don't ask), like I mentioned it's a party hostel, which means really cheap per night, drinks are 1 euro, all you can eat pancake breakfast, dinner for 5euros with free wine, free pub crawl (1 euro shots), free entrance to the club, free beerpong and countless discounts around town (i.e free beer with the purchase of a burger, free walking tour etc.) At one point I started calling the city FREEboa cuz everything was incredibly cheap. There were tourist from all over the world at our hostel, which made for plenty of conversation. If you want more information, come see me cuz I don't want to incriminate myself.

Now, the city is beautiful. The first thing I noticed was the street art (huge fan); there were several pieces from "Os Gemeos," two famous brazilian twins that recently painted a controversial mural in Boston. The architecture is very european, plenty of cobblestone and memorial statues. The people are great, better than spanish people in my opinion. I got a chance to practice the little portuguese I know but it also motivated me to become fluent. The women are gorgeous of course, love the diversity unlike Madrid. We came across two Swedish guys that have been living in Lisbon for 3 years so they showed us around the infamous 7 hills; Bairro Arriva was amazing, simply hundreds of young people looking to party. Can't forget about the beach either: even though the water is really cold (damn Atlantic), it's incredibly beautiful and the waves make me regret the fact that I don't know how to surf.

All in all, would I recommend it to a friend? Yes.
Would I come back? Hell Yeah!

 Posted up in Lisbon

 If it doesn't work, mind a well turn it into art

 1/7 hills

 Sun is hot a hellll


PappaG n I breaking the law 


 Praia Carcavelos

Yeen..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traducir