Oct 8, 2012

Barça!

I believe Catalunya as a whole is a different world within Spain. Barcelona has an incredible amount of history and culture but after being there for only 3 days, I can see why some people want to separate themselves from the rest of Spain. They sell history, culture and vibe, which is nothing compared to Madrid or Galicia (the two places I've spent the most time). Our hotel was located in the center of the city so it was very easy to get to touristy places (i.e cool architecture and tapas) where things are popping!

The nightlife is also incredibly different compared to Madrid. I was fortunate enough to have friends that are studying abroad close to Barcelona and they came out to hang out Saturday night. They know the secret authentic places to go and they showed me around. By authentic I mean I they took me to the most Dominican bar/club I've ever been to in this country. I literally felt like I was either in DR or in a club in NYC. This place was in a small neighborhood and everyone in there was Dominican or Latin-American and the music was straight Merengue, Bachata, Salsa and Dembow....it doesn't get more Dominican than that. I had plenty to drink that night so it may have amplified the experience. 

All in all, Barça is an splendid place with rich history and very interesting atmosphere. Weather was unbelievably wonderful; cannot complain. I would recommended it 100%. Check some pics below.

 Yami & I overlooking the city

 Bro-ing out at lunch

 baRcelona

 Casa Batlló (by Gaudi)

 Outside La Sagrada Familia

Under Construction for 140yrs...

 Inside La Sagrada Familia

 Oh sweet Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment

Traducir